Delta Energy Services provides non-destructive testing services according to the following standards:
- DS-1 Volume 3 “Drill Step Inspection”
- API RP 7G-2 “Recommended Practice for Inspection and Classification of Used Drill Stem Elements”
- GOST 33006.2— 2014 “Inspection and classification of used drill stem elements”
The company inspects the following equipment:
- Oil pipes: drilling, casing, and tubing pipes, trunk pipelines;
- Drilling accessories: subs, fitting pipes;
- Drilling rigs;
- Pressure vessels;
- Structural elements
The company laboratory is mobile and can be moved directly to the work location. The laboratory is equipped with measuring tools, instruments for ultrasonic inspection, magnetic particle inspection, electromagnetic inspection, and a profile projector.
Visual and dimensional inspection of drill pipe tool joints
- Inspection of the profile and pitch of the tool joint thread.
- Control of the state of pin and box shoulders.
- Measurement of tool joint geometric size (outer/inner diameter, pin length, etc.).
Ultrasonic inspection of the areas of slips and upset parts detects corrosive damage and fatigue cracks.
- Inspection of welds
- Finding of corrosive areas, cracks, internal delamination, and other defects
- Finding of coordinates and assessment of parameters of such defects as discontinuity and dehomogenization of material on metal and plastic products
А1212 is produced in Russia and ready to work both in a lab environment and on sites exposed to aggressive environmental conditions, such as temperature, dirt, precipitation. This instrument is on the register of non-destructive inspection aids of Gazprom PAO and on the list of technical equipment of quality control laboratories of Transneft PAO. Reliability of the flaw detector is proved by a Gosstandart certificate and positive feedback of Russian non-destructive testing inspectors.
Drill pipe ultrasonic wall thickness test
Ultrasonic wall thickness test is run in order to identify the actual residual thickness of drill pipe body wall.
Magnetic particle inspection of tool joint threads
Magnetic particle testing in the impressed magnetic field allows for detection of cracks on threaded connections.
The modern high-performance portable system of non-destructive electromagnetic testing is intended for drill pipe flaw detection according to the requirements of GOST 631-75, АРI Spec 5D, DS-1, GOST R 50278-92. Non-destructive testing of pipe body is based on the methods of magnetic flux measurement and its leakage (MFL) on defects.
During electromagnetic inspection, the drill pipe body is being scanned along the full length (except for upset ends) using the magnetic flux leakage method.
This method makes it possible to identify areas of reduced wall thickness, fatigue cracks, corrosive pits, fractures, etc.